Below are lists of approved external training providers and events for communications professionals.
The following courses are offered by external training providers:
- the Institute of Internal Communications offers courses including employee engagement, measurement and evaluation, and influence and impact
- the Public Relations and Communications Association (PRCA) offers a range of training courses that are not specifically aimed at public-sector or education communications but might still be of interest
- the University of the Arts, London offers digital and marketing short courses including developing measurable objectives, UX Design, Branding, SEO, social media, content marketing, email marketing, Google Analytics and strategy and planning
- the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) offers a range of training courses and qualifications
- the Chartered Institute of Marketing offers training courses
- Media Trust runs Continuing Professional Development sessions in areas including organisational communications strategies and has a resource hub with useful information
- the Arts Marketing Association provides training, resources and networking geared at helping people who work in the arts and culture to reach more audiences effectively
- The Conted Conference is about developing and implementing a content strategy and builds website and social media management skills – it is most cost-effective if a team of individuals from several colleges/departments book together.
- CASE has a number of opportunities including its annual Marketing Institute, which encompasses a week of learning about all things related to marketing and communications in Higher Education. Topics covered include branding, content strategy, data analysis, print and digital communications. The CASE Social Media Conference is specifically dedicated to improving social media skills and providing a broader sense of how social media is used in higher education.
- Westminster Briefings organise a number of public sector communications events
The University and CIPR
Membership with the Chartered Insititue of Public Relations provides a pathway of professional development opportunities to further your PR career and has many benefits. It allows access to all CIPR events at reduced rates and offers a wide range of opportunities for continuing professional development and networking. The Public Affairs Directorate manage the renewals and memberships for University staff and later recharge teams and individuals.
Each membership is offered at a discounted rate and costs £160 per year. If you would like to join, please email email@example.com for details on how to register.